ROBERDS LAKE 4th of JULY BOAT PARADE
CANCELLED FOR 2020
The Roberds Lake Club will not be hosting our annual boat parade this year, due to COVID-19 restrictions. However, lake residents can still decorate their boats if they want and float on the lake celebrating Independence Day! The club will not be organizing prizes or encouraging large groups to congregate.
Due to COVID-19 the annual Roberds Lake Club Boat Parade will be CANCELLED
Boat Parade Rules
Please check in and be on the Lake by 1:30 PM. The parade will begin at 2:00 PM.
1) All boating regulations must be obeyed (no alcohol, life jackets available, etc.). There has been pontoon damage from water balloons in the past. Please refrain from this activity so this parade can continue as a fun family event.
2) Have your boat number visible on the RIGHT side of your boat towards the bow (front) for the judges to see. This important to note since the parade will follow the South side of the Lake this year and then the North side in 2019 (rotating each year).
3) The Rice County Water Patrol will lead the parade.
4) Allow 100 feet in between boats – minimum wake.
5) Please parade around the entire lake if possible so spectators can view all contestants.
6) Pass the “Official Judging Docks” Slowly and 25 feet from the dock. The judging docks are at the Roberds Lake Resort on the East side of Roberds Lake and at Winjum’s Shady Acres Resort on the West side of Roberds Lake and will have a Judges signs posted.
7) You must pass both of the “Official Judging Docks” to be eligible for a prize.
8) Winners will be announced and prizes awarded at the Roberds Lake Resort at 4:30 PM. ALL Boat Parade entries will receive a prize. Participants must be present to claim their prize. Please arrive by car or other non-boating means. Be sure to bring your boat number with you.
9) Parade Route alternates starting locations each year.